Report on Ichiban2: First day

Monday, April 21, 2008

Hello guys! time for another update, and a really big one too.

First off, the Ichiban2(and my first Anime con, EVER) was freakingshly amazing. One of the best most amazing weekends of my life


first: The picture of the now:
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

QuickPost Quickpost this image to Myspace, Digg, Facebook, and others!


The schedule for the first day:

-Opening of the con with Jmusic(J-pop and J-rock)

-Videogame tournaments: Naruto and Dragon ball for wii(both sucked, but I liked the last Naruto match, they were pretty well matched.

-Mario Castañeda, presentation and forum.
-Ending of the first day

First: when we arrived there at 11 AM nearly 12.(which I think it was ok for the first day) first thing I saw was the Jmusic presentation, pretty awesome music sistem if u ask me. The most important event of the day was Mario's presentation. To those not familiar with him or his work. He did the voice for Goku in Dragon Ball Z. It was great, all the fans going crazy and shit. *thumbs up*

Videos:

Mario Castañeda.


Second part of his presentation:


He was pretty cool. His voice was great, I even wonder if he had any editing before dubbing the series.

and GREATEST QUOTE EVER from Mario Castañeda:


EPIC, FUCKING EPIC XD

after Mario's presentation, came the forum rounds with several random people asking him stuff like: was it hard to act as Goku's voice? or about stuff that happened in the anime.

Later on, a line was formed so that all the fans could take a picture with Mario and take his autograph as well. I left the con at this point, as I don't like making lines and moreover, didn't have a place to write his autograph.

OF COURSE, I didn't leave without first buying a really cool print of Final Fantasy Crisis core, two Full Metal Alchemist postcards and three pins.

Most of the merchandise was based on Naruto, Bleach, Death note,Full metal alchemist and Dragon ball, so of course I wasn't able to buy anything from my fav anime =( Regardless of that, I'm a pretty great fan of FMP and Deathnote so of course I bought stuff. At this point I still had money left, before the second day I mean....

For this one I don't have any pics but for the second day I will post some other pictures my friends and I took.


Before closing this up: The picture of the now. U might be wondering what is to I'll explain. For this convention we went 8 people, including me. And only one car...needless to say...we had to shove SOMEONE in the back trunk. It was really necesary....maybe.


All I can say was. From beggining to end, the first day was AWESOME we had lots of fun watching mario and doing other shit as well. But guess what? the second day gets better. Just wait for it.


See you guys around, the second report will be sooner than you expect.


Song: Dragon BallZ op(instrumental/Karaoke version)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

weeee tsunami en la maleta xD

Anonymous said...

Man ichiban rocked... my friends went...there were hot cosplays..mario castañeda's presentation and forum...star wars guys that needed a kick in the crouch..random ppl asking for money..merchandise stealing (necklace and ring =D) and a creepy hallway that smelled like pee with a rice cake girl and so much more!! AWESOME =D